May 14, 2024, 09:15 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

We Were Hacked!

Started by scifieric, May 04, 2019, 01:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scifieric

Well, we got hacked by some sort of bot and we got hacked HARD!

I've set this up as a quick forum.  I don't like the font and background color when we're editing, but perhaps I can fix that.

Please register and I'll approve you ASAP!  I regret doing that, but I've read that there are problems with importing users from vBulletin.  So, we'll try this for now.

I'll also try to import the old content over the weekend.  But, no promises.

Thanks for sticking with the forum!

Eric
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

At least you finally found a reason to switch to SMF. ;)

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on May 04, 2019, 01:16 amAt least you finally found a reason to switch to SMF. ;)
LOL!  Yeah, it's been a while.  Do you remember that I used SMF once before?  It was a LONG time ago!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

No, I don't remember that. I believe you about the long time part, though. ;)

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on May 04, 2019, 01:19 amNo, I don't remember that. I believe you about the long time part, though. ;)
Yep.  It was before I bought vBulletin.  A lot of the guys back then wanted me to have the same software as SciFi-Meshes.com, so I bought it.  It was interesting to set up at the time, but vBulletin is falling out of favor and fast!  There are a lot of other forum software platforms to choose from, and I thought about getting the Vanilla Forum software, just like SciFi-Meshes.  But, SFM is certainly reliable, so I'm going with what I know.  I hope you guys approve!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

SMF has come a long way since then. At the time, it may not have been better than vbulletin, but it certainly is now.

scifieric

I'm glad you like the software!  I'm happy to keep it.  Thank you, Chris!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

Yeah, pretty much all of the other forums I post on these days use it.

Lee

This is new... Howdy! :)

scifieric

Quote from: Lee on May 05, 2019, 03:34 pmThis is new... Howdy! :)
Howdy!  Yep, the forum software got hacked, and got hacked bad.  I went with software I have used in the past.  So, a new look!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

I like the fact that it's mobile friendly. :)

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on May 06, 2019, 01:09 amI like the fact that it's mobile friendly. :)
I hadn't tried it on my phone yet!  Cool!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

Yeah, it works great on the phone, it sizes itself for the display. Though, that makes me wonder why a couple other SMF forums I visit don't do that.

scifieric

Yeah!  This is great!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Lee

indeed it does, the personal info gets a bit cluttered on mine but it works pretty well.