Apr 27, 2024, 05:46 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Galileo 7 WIP

Started by Tralfaz, Dec 21, 2020, 03:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tralfaz

I've been working on the Galileo shuttle craft for a few days now.  Not done yet.  Still have some lettering, vents to model, etcl.

scifieric

Now THAT is extremely PRETTY!  great job!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Tralfaz

Thanks very much Eric.

Tralfaz

Here is a wireframe of my model.

scifieric

Oh man, that is PRETTY!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Prime_8

wow nice meshing, when the wire frame looks like a technical drawing that's nice

Tralfaz

Thanks very much folks.  Quick update.  Not sure if I am going to do an interior yet or not.

scifieric

This looks absolutely terrific!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Tralfaz

Thanks Eric.  Instead of modelling the graphics on the shuttle, I am going to give it a try and UV map the shuttle.  Then I can add some weathering etc.  Decided this after getting all of the graphics just off the surface of the shuttle, then make a subtle change to the model and have to reposition the graphics again.  Did this a few times.  Not fun. ;)

scifieric

I actually know what you mean.  Good luck!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Prime_8

depending on you you do its if you UV map it out you can also bake noise and shapes into a normals map for subtle details.

I have abused that for years

scifieric

Quote from: Prime_8 on Jan 09, 2021, 08:33 pmdepending on you you do its if you UV map it out you can also bake noise and shapes into a normals map for subtle details.

I have abused that for years

Wow!  There's a video for your channel, Scott!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Tralfaz

Started working on the interior.  I am taking a bit of artistic license here in order to get everything to fit

scifieric

Nicely done!  Wow!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Prime_8