Apr 27, 2024, 10:40 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

SciFiEric's 2nd Pilot Enterprise

Started by scifieric, Jun 24, 2020, 01:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Jul 05, 2020, 11:59 pmIt's looking great, Eric.

What? You mean you didn't switch back to Truespace just for shiggles? :P
LOL!  Yeah, sorry about that.  And nice contraction there!  I tend to put that in my posts on other sites, sorry.  I'm turning into a piece of furniture ... specifically a Lazy Boy.   ;D
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

I was just joking, bro. More often than not I see the question raised over at Scifi Meshes, so you're just heading off that question. Also, I can't fault anyone for copying and pasting, I do it too.

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Jul 06, 2020, 12:28 amI was just joking, bro. More often than not I see the question raised over at Scifi Meshes, so you're just heading off that question. Also, I can't fault anyone for copying and pasting, I do it too.

Thanks.  And I figured you were joking!  Never a problem, my friend.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Freak

Stunning Eric.

Bill's barrier would look great with this ship.
Here we are. Born to be Kings, were the Princes of the Universe!

My DeviantArt Page: https://www.deviantart.com/micetich
My Wordpress Blog: https://freakart89.wordpress.com/

scifieric

Quote from: Freak on Jul 06, 2020, 10:13 amStunning Eric.

Bill's barrier would look great with this ship.
Thank you, Dean!

I think someone else made the barrier image that went with Bill's ship.  Man, those renders of his looked like pristine frames cut from the original series.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

Quote from: scifieric on Jul 06, 2020, 12:40 amAnd I figured you were joking!  Never a problem, my friend.

I figured you would, since I used the tongue out smiley and all. ;)

There are times where I think about giving Blender another go and taking a crack at your Enterprise tutorial. But then I think about the time it takes to learn new software and how I can actually go into Lightwave and model (and texture) something. Plus, Blender's recent revamp and UI change hasn't warmed me up to the software any, though I could just use an older version. But, the work done by you and Dean and some of the other talented people here and at SFM is definitely an inspiration and a testament to how good Blender is. So, I can certainly see why you put on there "made in Blender," it not only keeps that question from popping up, but also lets people know the great stuff you can make in that software.

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Jul 06, 2020, 10:03 pmI figured you would, since I used the tongue out smiley and all. ;)

There are times where I think about giving Blender another go and taking a crack at your Enterprise tutorial. But then I think about the time it takes to learn new software and how I can actually go into Lightwave and model (and texture) something. Plus, Blender's recent revamp and UI change hasn't warmed me up to the software any, though I could just use an older version. But, the work done by you and Dean and some of the other talented people here and at SFM is definitely an inspiration and a testament to how good Blender is. So, I can certainly see why you put on there "made in Blender," it not only keeps that question from popping up, but also lets people know the great stuff you can make in that software.
Believe it or not, there is another consideration.  I know it is obvious to you and me and probably everyone else here, but I kept getting requests for quotes on how much it would take to make another ship model ... but they meant physical.  They didn't realize that it was a 3D object.

Weird, I know.  But it's been happening with greater frequency!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

See, I keep telling you your stuff looks real.

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Jul 07, 2020, 12:02 amSee, I keep telling you your stuff looks real.
You are the greatest!

I know it's not done yet, but I really wanted to have some fun.

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

Looks awesome, bro. Also, I saw where someone on SFM asked if it was a render.

Freak

Just missing the film grain and it would look like a screenshot!
Very Nice.

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Jul 07, 2020, 11:16 amLooks awesome, bro. Also, I saw where someone on SFM asked if it was a render.
Ha!  I haven't seen that yet.  I'll go there next.  And thank you for the very kind compliment, my friend.
Quote from: Freak on Jul 07, 2020, 12:34 pmJust missing the film grain and it would look like a screenshot!
Very Nice.
Thank you, Dean.  Actually, I have some fake film grain on there.  I think it comes across fairly subtle on a render this size.  I'll probably do the "real" film grain with Blender when I'm done with the model.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

I would like to have done something more substantial today, but I have a BLISTERING headache.

I found something I have to correct.  At the rear of the Engineering Hull during the first pilot, there are two rectangular windows with a round port BEHIND them, towards the shuttle bay.  By the second pilot, that round port was in FRONT of the two rectangular windows.

I still have to work on the triangles under the saucer.  After researching a bit, it doesn't seem like the "bumpers" were there yet.  I guess that was just a Production detail.

I still need to add the lettering on the grey squares under the saucer section.

I think I will make the warp domes a little more deep red.

Of course, this is still very much a work-in-progress.  Once I finish on cleaning up some of the details (like that round port aft Engineering) then I'll start on the textures.  But that's going to have to wait until my head feels better.

Thank you for looking in.

All done in Blender 3D.

And I always did like that shot of the Enterprise coming over Delta Vega at the end of Where No Man Has Gone Before.  This is a little closer and lighter, of course.

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Freak

scifieric

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!