Apr 27, 2024, 11:42 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

What You're Up To

Started by scifieric, May 04, 2019, 01:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee

I got a ryzen system Chris and i love it.  Also have a evga card. Specs upon request 😛

scifidude79

Sure, go ahead and list them. I'm enough of a nerd that I love specs. :)

scifieric

Now that's a very interesting interpretation!  I never thought of it that way.

I love to watch Dune every now and again.  I have the David Lynch version and I have the SciFi Channel version.  I enjoy them both.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

I have neither, the Lynch version is on Prime, though. It's a shame that movie bombed originally, you know it took a lot of money to make.

There's a new version due out next year, but it's hard to say if it will be good. They've made some interesting casting choices, like Jason Mamoa as Duncan.

Lee

Quote from: scifidude79 on May 06, 2019, 09:08 amSure, go ahead and list them. I'm enough of a nerd that I love specs. :)

Ryzen 7 2700x, 16 gig Trident z @3200mhz, Evga RTX 2080ti FTW3, 512gb M.2 SSD(Main) 1tb Sata SSD(games and Apps) 4tb 7200rpm Sata mechanical (mass storage/video editing buffer)

Quote from: scifieric on May 06, 2019, 10:21 amNow that's a very interesting interpretation!  I never thought of it that way.

I love to watch Dune every now and again.  I have the David Lynch version and I have the SciFi Channel version.  I enjoy them both.

I used to have them both, but my divorce took care of that for me lol.  But it was on netflix this past month.  Only thing is getting my new love to stay awake during it.

scifidude79

Damn, that's a massively beefy system, Lee. Great stuff. :D

I've heard people say Dune (1984) is boring. I've never seen why. Though, some people also say it's hard to follow. I don't think so. I've never even read the book (I'm about to do something about that) and I can follow it just fine. But then, people said the first Mission: Impossible film with Tom Cruise was confusing. I've never found it to be so.

Lee

Its not so much that is boring, Jan can't keep awake if she stops moving for more then a few minutes lol. She fell asleep during the Conjuring :p

scifidude79

Ah, I have a similar issue when I watch movies on my day off. I can be watching the most exciting movie in my catalog, and that napping still happens. ;) I'll nod off several times, keep going back. This can go on for up to a half an hour. Then I'm fine and I can finish the movie.

Lee

I have that same issue on my days off as well, hasn't been much of an issue as of late since ive been recording builds for palace's youtube channel.

On a side note, Eric are you planning on migrating any of the old database over?

scifidude79

Lee asked me what I've been up to. Well, without hijacking his thread, I'll share here. As I shared on the other forum, lightsabers are a hobby of mine. I buy hilts from various smiths and do the electronics installs. Well, since last weekend was Star Wars Weekend (May the Fourth and Revenge of the Fifth) I decided to do one. Things didn't go as planned, as explained in the following video.

Note: this video contains strong language, R rated language. I was pissed by the turn of events laid out here. So, maybe don't watch it at work or when the kiddos are around without headphones. ;) Also, I reference a few things from another forum, but nothing that should be a big enough deal for you guys to get lost.

https://vimeo.com/334274486

(there doesn't seem to be embed codes for Vimeo here, but you guys can follow the link)

scifieric

Quote from: Lee on May 06, 2019, 11:10 pmI have that same issue on my days off as well, hasn't been much of an issue as of late since ive been recording builds for palace's youtube channel.

On a side note, Eric are you planning on migrating any of the old database over?
Hello Lee, I am going to give it a try.

Chris, nice saber build!  I enjoy your videos.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

Quote from: scifieric on May 07, 2019, 12:23 amChris, nice saber build!  I enjoy your videos.

Thanks Eric. :) Ironically, the green LED and Nano Biscotte sound board were originally for the Heretic anyway. They just took a longer path to get into that saber. ;)

Freak

I been having back pains last week, then on Thursday I it got really bad and struggled to do anything at work. on Friday I was layed up in Bed and missed out on the Bank Holiday weekend. :(
Today been the first day I have been able to get out of bed with out having to crawl on the floor and be in agonising pain. (Pain was so bad just sitting up made feel sick and about to black out. Going to the bathroom like that is a freaking nightmare.)

So with that I guess I have missed out on Eric Hack of the old site.
Also not being able to do much apart from sleep and watch TV/films, I have not been able to do any modelling or drawing. Now that I am able to stand, I need to keep moving otherwise my back will seize up. So I hope to be able to spend a little time doing something in a day or two.
Here we are. Born to be Kings, were the Princes of the Universe!

My DeviantArt Page: https://www.deviantart.com/micetich
My Wordpress Blog: https://freakart89.wordpress.com/

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on May 07, 2019, 12:32 pmThanks Eric. :) Ironically, the green LED and Nano Biscotte sound board were originally for the Heretic anyway. They just took a longer path to get into that saber. ;)
Well, they took a heck of a journey!

And that was a good video!
Quote from: Freak on May 07, 2019, 11:20 pmI been having back pains last week, then on Thursday I it got really bad and struggled to do anything at work. on Friday I was layed up in Bed and missed out on the Bank Holiday weekend. :(
Today been the first day I have been able to get out of bed with out having to crawl on the floor and be in agonising pain. (Pain was so bad just sitting up made feel sick and about to black out. Going to the bathroom like that is a freaking nightmare.)

So with that I guess I have missed out on Eric Hack of the old site.
Also not being able to do much apart from sleep and watch TV/films, I have not been able to do any modelling or drawing. Now that I am able to stand, I need to keep moving otherwise my back will seize up. So I hope to be able to spend a little time doing something in a day or two.
Oh wow, I'm very sorry!  I too have suffered from back pain (ever since a minor fender-bender caused a herniated disk in my back!), so I hope you feel better and soon!

Yeah, the site was pretty much destroyed from a virus or hack.  I deleted a TON of files to get my provider to allow me back online.

Welcome back, and get feeling better!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

Damn, Dean. Sorry to hear you've been in excruciating pain. Back pain is the worst. I too hope you're on the mend.