Apr 27, 2024, 10:05 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Scifieric's 2019 USS Enterprise

Started by scifieric, Oct 09, 2019, 12:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scifieric

Didn't really have any time to work on this much last night or today, so I only put in some placeholders for warp engines, warp pylons, and the shuttlebay doors.  But, small progress is still progress.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Tralfaz

Amazing work Eric.  You are going to end up with the most accurate Enterprise model there is.

scifieric

Quote from: Tralfaz on Oct 15, 2019, 02:24 amAmazing work Eric.  You are going to end up with the most accurate Enterprise model there is.
Thank you, my friend!  (Don't tell anyone, but that IS my goal!  LOL!)
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

All it would take to make the doors not temporary is some lines.

Freak

Here we are. Born to be Kings, were the Princes of the Universe!

My DeviantArt Page: https://www.deviantart.com/micetich
My Wordpress Blog: https://freakart89.wordpress.com/

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Oct 15, 2019, 06:50 amAll it would take to make the doors not temporary is some lines.
I was thinking along the same ... lines.  ;)
Quote from: Freak on Oct 15, 2019, 06:59 amStunning as always!
Thank you, Dean!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

Oddly, even though I've been thinking throughout the week about how much I wanted to work on the model, when the weekend got here (I've been on call all week) I was too tired!

But, I changed the angulation and placement of the pylons and changed the positioning of the temporary warp engines.  I did a couple of quick test renders to see how they compared with screen captures, even though I have no idea about the camera type nor the lenses used in the original series.  Anyway, I figure they're close enough to warrant continuing.  But, I'm open to opinions.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

It looks good to me. I hear you about thinking you're going to do one thing over the weekend but then doing something totally different.

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Oct 20, 2019, 09:34 pmIt looks good to me. I hear you about thinking you're going to do one thing over the weekend but then doing something totally different.
Thank you, Chris!  I completely remade the Engineering Hull tonight.  I think it's better.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Freak

Looking Good Eric.

I hate it that you plan to do one thing over the weekend, when it comes you end up doing something else.
Here we are. Born to be Kings, were the Princes of the Universe!

My DeviantArt Page: https://www.deviantart.com/micetich
My Wordpress Blog: https://freakart89.wordpress.com/

scifieric

Quote from: Freak on Oct 21, 2019, 06:10 amLooking Good Eric.

I hate it that you plan to do one thing over the weekend, when it comes you end up doing something else.
Thank you, Dean.  Yeah, the older I get, the more tired I get from 24x7 call.  Still, I did get SOME work done on her!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

Really tired today, but still managed to get a little work done.

I tried a slightly different method for the "arms" on the Engineering hull.  And those with a sharp eye may notice something about this model that I've always wanted to do, but never did before.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

That looks great. What was your different method for doing the "arms?" I like that you're doing the pilot deflector dish and bussards too. Are you going to give that one the taller bridge too?

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Oct 26, 2019, 10:17 pmThat looks great. What was your different method for doing the "arms?" I like that you're doing the pilot deflector dish and bussards too. Are you going to give that one the taller bridge too?
Thank you, Chris!

I still use the proto arms to cut most of the flat area, but I also used a small section of the arm to cut into the front section of the hull.  It gives me a sharp demarcation and should make it easier for me to texture.

And yes, I will be making both pilot versions, the production version, and wrap it up with a The Trouble with Tribbles version!  Including the various bridge sections!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

Nice! Sounds like you've got grand plans.