Apr 27, 2024, 09:19 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Star Trek Stuff

Started by scifidude79, May 27, 2019, 12:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scifieric

Quote from: Prime_8 on Oct 19, 2020, 08:01 pmstepping back to windows ... I would not be surprised if windows hop over to a Linux under the hood version -- soon-ish LOL
they are already sewing the foundations of it now. heck the shell can have a small extension to make it so you can install stuff totally like sudo in 'nux

Yeah, I saw a complaint where someone wanted Windows either shut down or moved over to LINUX.  It would be odd.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Prime_8

the beginning of w10 ish interface sitting atop a Linux kernel is well a matter of skinning but could cause much fUckery in  loss of backwards compatibility
like a version of w10 that requires you to use a store much like droid and apple products.
but well at this point it might be advantageous for MS to do with the OS what they did with tier browser, grab opensource things and make a branch of it.

but meh ,,,  we live in a world where stupid happens like what java is doing. nearly free to lic to millions for some products
I believe its like 300$ USD to lic java for a product now.   this is going to send indi devs and such to other  targets like micro python and python