Apr 27, 2024, 07:47 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The Same Old Thing

Started by scifieric, Jan 15, 2022, 05:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Prime_8

erics models were a great rimer for the new show . got me in the ST spirit.

scifieric

Quote from: Prime_8 on Jun 04, 2022, 04:35 pmerics models were a great rimer for the new show . got me in the ST spirit.

You are a fabulous guy!  I hope you are enjoying the new show.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Four Mad Men

I've always held Sinclair's to be the most accurate.  What has you leaning now towards these?

scifieric

Quote from: Four Mad Men on Aug 05, 2022, 02:48 pmI've always held Sinclair's to be the most accurate.  What has you leaning now towards these?

I remember I read from someone who studied the various plans who was accurate with what aspect of the ship.  The ones to use (if anyone can find them or get a copy) would be Gary Kerr's plans.  He had actual access to the original model on more than one occasion!

Basically, I just wanted to try another set of plans this time.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

Aug 23, 2022, 08:58 pm #34 Last Edit: Aug 23, 2022, 09:00 pm by scifieric
It has been a really, REALLY long time since I've played with textures.  I've got a long way to go, but this is a start.

I have an idea to try.  A mixture of the old USS Enterprise model shape/configuration and the new texturing style from the new Star Trek: Strange New Worlds television show.  I'll give that a try when I'm a little more up to speed.

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

I did not mean that the above picture was an attempt at the new style yet.  I want to do one classic USS Enterprise first, then if I can do it, I'll try a newer version.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

Sep 01, 2022, 09:12 pm #36 Last Edit: Sep 01, 2022, 09:18 pm by scifieric
I thought I had posted this here.  Clearly, there is still a LOT of work to do on this one.

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Four Mad Men

Looking really good as always!  Maybe it is the contrast with the rest of the ship not yet addressed but it looks extra green*.

*Must think in Russi... err... Scottish

scifieric

Quote from: Four Mad Men on Sep 06, 2022, 12:33 amLooking really good as always!  Maybe it is the contrast with the rest of the ship not yet addressed but it looks extra green*.

*Must think in Russi... err... Scottish

LOL!  Yeah, I noticed.  I'm keeping versions of the textures for further manipulation.  I believe that this is pretty much what the model looked like.  I may have to change it to look more like the end result of the special effects.

Excellent observation and thank you for telling me!

And nice to see you around!  It's been a while!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Four Mad Men

It has been awhile.  I try to pop in as often as I can these days.

Coming along nicely!  You know you really should go for the interior sometime.  You can start with just the areas that have portholes and go from there.

scifieric

Quote from: Four Mad Men on Oct 02, 2022, 12:04 amIt has been awhile.  I try to pop in as often as I can these days.
I am EXTREMELY pleased to see you here!  I was on your site the other day to see what was going on.  (The other day?  A few weeks ago is probably more accurate.)  Your work is always fantastic and a joy to see.
Quote from: Four Mad Men on Oct 02, 2022, 12:04 amComing along nicely!  You know you really should go for the interior sometime.  You can start with just the areas that have portholes and go from there.
I actually was thinking about that!  I will do that.  I'll be on call for the next week, so I'll be pretty busy until NEXT Monday, but I'll probably give this a go at that time.  I'd love to see something like that one one of my models.

Thank you!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!