Apr 27, 2024, 11:57 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The Same Old Thing

Started by scifieric, Jan 15, 2022, 05:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scifieric

Well, it's the same old thing all over again ... except this time I'm using Charles Casimiro's plans which I have become convinced are more accurate than the other plans I was using.

I guess we'll see.  Just getting started, really.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Prime_8

hahah , im pretty sure a studio coudl use one of your meshes and it would fit the bill.

scifieric

Quote from: Prime_8 on Jan 15, 2022, 10:11 pmhahah , im pretty sure a studio coudl use one of your meshes and it would fit the bill.

You, my friend, are exceptionally generous!  Thank you!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Prime_8

Have you ever tried an original ship?    possibly in ST universe?

scifieric

Quote from: Prime_8 on Jan 22, 2022, 02:58 amHave you ever tried an original ship?    possibly in ST universe?
I did, a LONG time ago.  I never did like my own designs too much.  I wonder if I still have anything from when I was really young.  It was a spaceship that had the look of a submarine.  I figured that the design would work well, even in space, in order to protect the people on board.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Prime_8

very cool,

I get botany bay and Ferengi (SP) feel from a couple of shots.

scifieric

Quote from: Prime_8 on Jan 22, 2022, 04:17 pmvery cool,

I get botany bay and Ferengi (SP) feel from a couple of shots.
Oh, that's very possible.  I've been a Star Trek fan for almost as long as I've been alive!  LOL!

Thanks buddy!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

Making some progress.  I've still got to work on the cut-outs for the Engineering section windows, and then place "rooms" and lights on the entire ship.  But, getting closer ...
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Prime_8

looking sweet man.

I wonder if rooms could be done with micro displacements somehow.

but probably not, I mean if you have to cut the hull to make the ports, then why not do it as a union and extrude in. hm suppose I answered my own 1/2 ass question.

scifieric

Thank you, Scott!

That never occurred to me.  Hum.

And now I wish I'd have thought of the union and extruding inwards!  That's a great idea!  At least, I think it is!

I may experiment with that.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Prime_8

^ this is exactly how 1/2 of my blending goes .... will it work,, lets's have a burl.

the current one I and a bunch of others have been fighting for a while is getting blender to save thins with alpha to file.
it renders fin but drop almost all non-opaque things on save and the devs have been making excuses for over 5 years. even arguing we are not using it rite ( kinda Apple style)

scifieric

Quote from: Prime_8 on Feb 05, 2022, 04:03 pm^ this is exactly how 1/2 of my blending goes .... will it work,, lets's have a burl.

the current one I and a bunch of others have been fighting for a while is getting blender to save thins with alpha to file.
it renders fin but drop almost all non-opaque things on save and the devs have been making excuses for over 5 years. even arguing we are not using it rite ( kinda Apple style)

My friend, I presume you'll make anything work when you apply your mind to it.  I absolutely have faith in you.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

I'm making some progress.  Maybe not a lot, but some!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Tralfaz

Beautiful work Eric.  Now all you need to do is make it look like a shot from the show!