Apr 27, 2024, 06:14 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Just for Fun

Started by scifieric, May 29, 2021, 04:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scifieric

I'm sorry I haven't posted anything in a while.

Here's a bit of fun.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

oovebei

The worlds most accurate Enterprise :)

Tralfaz

scifieric

Quote from: oovebei on Sep 02, 2021, 12:18 amThe worlds most accurate Enterprise :)
Thank you, Oovebei!  That means a great deal to me!
Quote from: Tralfaz on Sep 02, 2021, 02:31 amAgreed!
Thank you, Tralfaz!  That's very kind of you!

Gentlemen, you are very kind!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Four Mad Men

Do you even need references to build one of these by now?

Looks good as always.  Buuuuut... what's going on with the impulse engine?

scifieric

Aug 05, 2022, 06:14 pm #5 Last Edit: Aug 05, 2022, 06:18 pm by scifieric Reason: Impulse Engines.
Quote from: Four Mad Men on Aug 05, 2022, 02:55 pmDo you even need references to build one of these by now?

Looks good as always.  Buuuuut... what's going on with the impulse engine?
Yeah, I still rely heavily upon references.  Sadly.

Now, the impulse engines are a treat for me with this one.  This is based on the Where No Man Has Gone Before version of the Enterprise.  They wanted a different look and painted over the original engines and painted multiple holes or rocket exhausts.  Only ever seen in that second pilot!  The shot was reused throughout the show (from time to time) but when they went into production, they set the paint job back to the original and restored the original impulse engines.

I may have lost my mind, but I still remember a good amount of USS Enterprise Trek trivia!  LOL!

I'll attach an image that has the original Enterprise model plus the model from the latest series.  Never mind the new image, but the original model image shows a reversed shot of the Enterprise heading for a planet.  Look at the impulse engines!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Four Mad Men

Ah, yes!  Funny how some of those once known details fall away with the passage of time.

scifieric

Quote from: Four Mad Men on Aug 09, 2022, 05:49 pmAh, yes!  Funny how some of those once known details fall away with the passage of time.

I am quite certain that you would have remembered soon, my friend!  You have always done very well with your spectacular details!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Four Mad Men

I'm not so sure, I've held on to the variations in the nacelles and the bridge but for whatever reason the impulse deck fell to the ravages of time.

scifieric

Quote from: Four Mad Men on Aug 11, 2022, 05:58 pmI'm not so sure, I've held on to the variations in the nacelles and the bridge but for whatever reason the impulse deck fell to the ravages of time.

Well, don't let it get to you.  You're a talented fellow.  Keep going and I guarantee to you that I will be there to admire y9our work.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!