Apr 27, 2024, 01:05 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Finally back in the saddle

Started by Chris Vickers, Mar 10, 2021, 02:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Vickers

Finally have a copy of Max 9 coming back, and will be coming back to the saddle soon. Some of the material generation I might need some reminders on, since it's been a few years since I've had the program in operation.
"Sorry honey; Daddy's gotta go to work." -- Richard Sloan, Airwing 1772: Fatal Resistance" (completed, awaiting cover revision)

scifieric

I'm glad you can work/play again!  Or at least, you will be able to soon.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Chris Vickers

Unfortunately, the copy I got is not operating, so I might have to work with an older version.

I have 2018, but I can't seem to get through the security on it. Could always try to wrangle the nightmare that is Blender (I do have that, I just haven't attempted to sort through the YouTube vids on it).

If there are any other tutorials available, please let me know.
"Sorry honey; Daddy's gotta go to work." -- Richard Sloan, Airwing 1772: Fatal Resistance" (completed, awaiting cover revision)

scifieric

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Chris Vickers

Mar 16, 2021, 01:34 am #4 Last Edit: Mar 16, 2021, 12:49 pm by Chris Vickers
Strangely enough, I just got Max 2020 working. I will be posting my new stuff as soon as I have it.
Now, I have some stuff to figure out...haven't used the program since I had Version 9 working.
It's like a high school graduate being cycled all the way back to kindergarten...

Right now, there might be a good deal of time between posts; I'm also trying to get started into coding for City of Heroes. Been getting into that quite a bit as of late.

scifieric

Quote from: Chris Vickers on Mar 16, 2021, 01:34 amI'm also trying to get started into coding for City of Heroes. Been getting into that quite a bit as of late.
Oh, that's COOL!  I'd love to know how to do that sort of thing!  What do you code in the game?  Locations?  Enemies?
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Chris Vickers

Trying to get started, at the moment. Having trouble with the test server's game client. Unless I can see what I'm doing, the code means nothing.

Also trying to get going with Max 2020, but I have been out for nearly 3 years, and the version I was using then was 9.0, so I kinda feel like I'm skiing on an expert slope when I should be on the bunny slopes.

scifieric

Quote from: Chris Vickers on Mar 16, 2021, 09:25 pmTrying to get started, at the moment. Having trouble with the test server's game client. Unless I can see what I'm doing, the code means nothing.

Also trying to get going with Max 2020, but I have been out for nearly 3 years, and the version I was using then was 9.0, so I kinda feel like I'm skiing on an expert slope when I should be on the bunny slopes.
Keep going.  I have faith in you!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!