May 11, 2024, 12:22 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

TMP Enterprise study model

Started by Shaw, Jun 23, 2020, 02:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaw

Thanks a ton for the concern guys! It is really more of a pain (both figuratively and literally), than a major health threat. The fact that I'm a little phobic about pain killers (stronger than aspirin or ibuprofen) make this feel worse than it might otherwise have been.

But yeah, I'm feeling better and hoping to get my wife's approval to get back into this by this weekend.

Here are a few more shots of the model (with a steadier hand)...

It is a little odd that the ramp-fin feature on the top/rear of the nacelles doesn't show up better in these shots. The feature itself is odd in that it wasn't part of the original plans and didn't survive to the final filming version of the studio model. It would be interesting to find out how/why it was on the studio model to begin with.

scifidude79

Pain isn't an easy thing to deal with, especially without painkillers, so I hope it gets better.

The model looks good. As for the fin thing, I see what you mean. It almost looks like some mold flash that didn't get cleaned up. Though, with professional modelmakers, one has to wonder why it would be on any version of the model if it wasn't intentional.

scifieric

Quote from: Shaw on Jul 29, 2020, 09:00 amBut yeah, I'm feeling better and hoping to get my wife's approval to get back into this by this weekend.
I'm glad you're feeling better but I'll be even happier when you're not in any pain!
Quote from: scifidude79 on Jul 29, 2020, 11:16 amPain isn't an easy thing to deal with, especially without painkillers, so I hope it gets better.

The model looks good. As for the fin thing, I see what you mean. It almost looks like some mold flash that didn't get cleaned up. Though, with professional modelmakers, one has to wonder why it would be on any version of the model if it wasn't intentional.
I might be able to ask someone.  I'll see if I can find someone who knows about that model.  I can't promise anything.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Shaw

Thanks guys! I'm feeling much better and I hope to start back in on the decals again later today.

Quote from: scifieric on Jul 29, 2020, 09:33 pmI might be able to ask someone.  I'll see if I can find someone who knows about that model.  I can't promise anything.
That would be awesome!

I know I'm not the best person to talk to either Richard Taylor or Jim Dow. And I've lost all the contact info I had for Andrew Probert. I think this is part of the reason I didn't want to put the same effort into this study that I have into others.

scifieric

Are we talking about something on the top of the warp nacelles, in the back, towards the end?  Something right after the rounded top section disappears?
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Shaw

Quote from: scifieric on Jul 31, 2020, 07:00 pmAre we talking about something on the top of the warp nacelles, in the back, towards the end?  Something right after the rounded top section disappears?
Yeah, these features...

So I had really hope to get much further along, but this is where she is at right now...

If I had gotten out and printed the last sheet of decals, she'd have looked more like this...

... but she doesn't.  :P

scifieric

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

Yeah, that looks fantastic.

Freak

Here we are. Born to be Kings, were the Princes of the Universe!

My DeviantArt Page: https://www.deviantart.com/micetich
My Wordpress Blog: https://freakart89.wordpress.com/