May 08, 2024, 06:52 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The Practical Cosmo Tiger II

Started by Angry White Woman, Aug 12, 2019, 09:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scifidude79

That's a really nice looking cockpit so far. :)

That's cool that you worked on F-14s in the Navy, I've always liked the F-14.

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Sep 06, 2019, 11:07 pmThat's a really nice looking cockpit so far. :)

That's cool that you worked on F-14s in the Navy, I've always liked the F-14.
Agreed and agreed!  Very cool in both respects!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Angry White Woman

here ya go tech geeks...

A close up of some panels so you can read the labels and ask questions?

scifidude79

scifieric

That's very cool, and very clean.

"Park" had me laughing!  That's awesome.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Angry White Woman

Sep 07, 2019, 04:16 pm #20 Last Edit: Sep 07, 2019, 04:49 pm by Angry White Woman
Quote from: scifieric on Sep 07, 2019, 03:41 pmThat's very cool, and very clean.

"Park" had me laughing!  That's awesome.

LOL, no idea a parking brake would draw laughs! Who knew!!

Hey MK! Check this out dude!

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/pdf/390651main_shuttle_crew_operations_manual.pdf

The Shuttle was something else...The level of systems control was insane. I read somewhere a while ago by Mike Massimino I think who said that 90% of the switches on the Shuttle consoles were all but forbidden to be used by the flight crew. Most of the "switchology" was pre-selected by the ground test crew specific for the mission parameters. Flipping through that manual I can see why.

scifieric

Quote from: Angry White Woman on Sep 07, 2019, 04:16 pmLOL, no idea a parking brake would draw laughs! Who knew!!
It's practical, but you never expect to see it on a spaceship!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Angry White Woman

Sep 08, 2019, 12:32 am #22 Last Edit: Sep 08, 2019, 12:35 am by Angry White Woman
Well the Cosmo Tiger II is less of a spaceship ( I hate that word by the way - it's too retro - Buck Rogers like - I prefer spacecraft!) and more of an aerospacecraft. It needs a runway to take off and land and it's carrier based as well. Thus, you don't want it rolling away when you park it!

Latest update! I'm damn near finished with the front cockpit panel. I finished the left and right AUX panels. I tweaked the PFD display and found a better place filer for the tactical MFD top center. I have to tweak a couple things but it's coming along!

scifieric

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Freak

Stunning Details on that Cockpit.
I love it.
Here we are. Born to be Kings, were the Princes of the Universe!

My DeviantArt Page: https://www.deviantart.com/micetich
My Wordpress Blog: https://freakart89.wordpress.com/

MadKoifish

OK here are the images I mentioned sadly it is the FALCON not the tiger II. I could swear I saw animation of one in 2199 but it seems they only appear in 2202 and I do not have those books.

imgur.com/a/2mY6dw6
Though it appears your further along to the point any refs are moot anyhow >_> But guess they could be useful for anyone wanting to make a Falcon. >_> Likely wont use that site anymore took ages to upload as multi image is broken and navigating the menus to make a gallery put images into it sort em and then find a link to post of the gallery is insane now.

Angry White Woman

Quote from: MadKoifish on Sep 12, 2019, 08:23 amOK here are the images I mentioned sadly it is the FALCON not the tiger II. I could swear I saw animation of one in 2199 but it seems they only appear in 2202 and I do not have those books.

imgur.com/a/2mY6dw6
Though it appears your further along to the point any refs are moot anyhow >_> But guess they could be useful for anyone wanting to make a Falcon. >_> Likely wont use that site anymore took ages to upload as multi image is broken and navigating the menus to make a gallery put images into it sort em and then find a link to post of the gallery is insane now.

Those were actually awesome! TY!