SMF - Just Installed!

SciFiEric's 2nd Pilot Enterprise

Started by scifieric, Jun 24, 2020, 01:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scifidude79

scifieric

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

Working on this sequence for real.  Trying to make it look as much like the original as I can.

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

If it doesn't, you have to be very close.

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Aug 09, 2020, 07:53 amIf it doesn't, you have to be very close.
Thank you!  Thank you very much, Chris!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Tralfaz

Close counts in only horse shoes and grenades.  Well, now we can ad Eric's Enterprise!

scifieric

Quote from: Tralfaz on Aug 10, 2020, 08:09 pmClose counts in only horse shoes and grenades.  Well, now we can ad Eric's Enterprise!
That's hysterical!  Thanks Tralfaz!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

I've gone back and reimaged my sequence.  I wanted the lights in the ship's windows to show a little better.

I've always wanted to make this sequence and do it with some justice to the original.  In other words, I hope I'm close.

When I splice it into the correct spot and render it all out as a movie in the original episode, it gets all jittery.  I need to fix that.   Once I've got that fixed, I'll show the short movie.

Thanks for looking in!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

The windows definitely look better. That's weird about it getting jittery. Is it a framerate issue?

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Aug 16, 2020, 09:20 pmThe windows definitely look better. That's weird about it getting jittery. Is it a framerate issue?
It might be, but I tried to match the original 29.9 fps.  I've got to look at the HD frame rate.  Perhaps they dropped it.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

This is still jittery, but it is my attempt at animating the effects for the title sequence for Where No Man Has Gone Before.  At least you can get the idea.

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Tralfaz

DUDE!!  That looks phenomenal!  If you hadn't said anything, I would have sworn that I was watching the actual show.

scifieric

Quote from: Tralfaz on Aug 21, 2020, 04:18 pmDUDE!!  That looks phenomenal!  If you hadn't said anything, I would have sworn that I was watching the actual show.
That is an amazing compliment, my friend!  Thank you, very much!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

I've discovered another couple of slight differences. I think that either my selected camera is wrong, or I've chosen the wrong lens settings. Plus, the blinking lights on the underside of my saucer are slightly too large.

I've started comparing my renders to images of the original model as it was filmed in front of a blue screen. So, maybe I can tweak my model and my renderings a little closer to the original.

This first image is from The Roddenberry Vault.

This is from an episode.

My render.

All done in Blender 3D.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

I don't really seem much of a difference between the photos and your render.