May 09, 2024, 03:09 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Scifieric's 2019 USS Enterprise

Started by scifieric, Oct 09, 2019, 12:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scifidude79

It looks good. Yeah, I don't think the windows lit up on the original opening, but the running lights may have.

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Nov 11, 2019, 01:47 amIt looks good. Yeah, I don't think the windows lit up on the original opening, but the running lights may have.
Good observation.  I'll be killing all the lights for my first pilot version.  There was no lighting at all on either model in The Cage.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

I didn't think there was any. For one thing, all but one shot was done with the 33" model. While it was never built for production use, they had to use it due to the 11' not being done.

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Nov 11, 2019, 01:18 pmI didn't think there was any. For one thing, all but one shot was done with the 33" model. While it was never built for production use, they had to use it due to the 11' not being done.
Correct, with one exception.  The intro shot with the Enterprise entering the frame from the left and the camera is below, then swings up to the bridge.  That one shot was the only one done with the 11 foot model for the first pilot.

Well done, Chris!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Freak

Here we are. Born to be Kings, were the Princes of the Universe!

My DeviantArt Page: https://www.deviantart.com/micetich
My Wordpress Blog: https://freakart89.wordpress.com/

scifidude79

Quote from: scifieric on Nov 11, 2019, 02:37 pm
Quote from: scifidude79 on Nov 11, 2019, 01:18 pmI didn't think there was any. For one thing, all but one shot was done with the 33" model. While it was never built for production use, they had to use it due to the 11' not being done.
Correct, with one exception.  The intro shot with the Enterprise entering the frame from the left and the camera is below, then swings up to the bridge.  That one shot was the only one done with the 11 foot model for the first pilot.

Well done, Chris!

Like I said, all but one shot was done with the 33" model. ;) That's the one I was referring to.

scifieric

Quote from: Freak on Nov 11, 2019, 03:08 pmNice Eric.
Thank you, Dean!
Quote from: scifidude79 on Nov 11, 2019, 10:24 pmLike I said, all but one shot was done with the 33" model. ;) That's the one I was referring to.
You know, I can't pay attention for the LIFE of me anymore.

Nice going, Chris!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

I changed the size and positions of the lower running lights and that group of three lights under the lip of the saucer.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

Looking at my last render gave me an idea.  I subtlety changed the placement of both the lower running lights and the two groups of three again.  They should rest in the center of that lower lip.  So, even if my overall shape isn't correct, at least I've got the lights placed a little better, at least I think so.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

Well, I can't tell much of a difference between the images, but it looks good.

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Nov 16, 2019, 10:53 pmWell, I can't tell much of a difference between the images, but it looks good.
Thanks for the encouragement, Chris!

Yeah, the change is really subtle.  If you have both images up at the same time and switch between one and the other, you'll see the lights jump a little bit.  That's the "big" change.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

Quote from: scifieric on Nov 17, 2019, 04:40 amIf you have both images up at the same time and switch between one and the other, you'll see the lights jump a little bit.  That's the "big" change.

I tried that but, due to how attachments work on here, the images were really tiny.

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Nov 17, 2019, 05:42 amI tried that but, due to how attachments work on here, the images were really tiny.
Ah.  I use Firefox and haven't tried anything else, but if you right mouse click on the thumbnail and Open Link in New Tab, you should get the full sized image.

Sorry, my friend.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

I use Firefox also, and it wasn't working earlier, for some reason. I don't know why. It's working now, though. I could kind of see the movement before, but it's much more evident when I do that.

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Nov 17, 2019, 07:35 amI use Firefox also, and it wasn't working earlier, for some reason. I don't know why. It's working now, though. I could kind of see the movement before, but it's much more evident when I do that.
I'm glad you could finally see it!  Excellent.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!