May 10, 2024, 09:46 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Site Issue

Started by scifieric, Oct 02, 2020, 07:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scifieric

Hey everybody!

I've noticed considerably less traffic on the site over the last couple of months.  I figure, if we're all good with putting our work on other sites, I could close this one.  What do you all think?

Thanks for your time and attention,

Eric
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

ozylot

Things are crazy right now, ultimately it's up to you what you want to do though. Glad to have been here, I just wish I had more to share.
- Ozy -

Tralfaz

I much prefer this site to visit.  The quality of work here is amazing.  I just haven't been modelling lately, so haven't had anything to really post.  I am finally retired and am having a difficult time getting motivated.

scifieric

Quote from: ozylot on Oct 03, 2020, 02:34 amThings are crazy right now, ultimately it's up to you what you want to do though. Glad to have been here, I just wish I had more to share.
Yeah, things certainly are crazy now.  I agree with that, wholeheartedly.

I love to see whatever you post.  I hope you have something to share soon!  I love to see your work.
Quote from: Tralfaz on Oct 03, 2020, 02:49 amI much prefer this site to visit.  The quality of work here is amazing.  I just haven't been modelling lately, so haven't had anything to really post.  I am finally retired and am having a difficult time getting motivated.
Congratulations on retirement!  That sounds great!  It also sounds like you'll have to create your own motivation ... and sometimes that's really difficult to achieve.  I'd love to see what you come up with.

I'll hang on to the site for a while and see if we can make something of it.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Tralfaz

I usually pop in a couple times a day to see if anything new has been posted.  But there just doesn't seem to be any action at all.  Kind of slow over at Sci-Fi Meshes as well.  Is it Covid or time of year or something else?

scifieric

I have been hideously busy with work.  I haven't even had time to work on my "All Versions of the Enterprise" models that I've been creating.

I saw the same slowness you did and concluded I should shut down the site, but two users asked me to keep it going.  So, for now, I'll keep it up.

If you have anything to show, please!  Go ahead and post!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Freak

Sorry Eric with not been around much. Work has been nuts since I went back, I have not earn touched Blender until this week.

Hoping that will change now as my colleague and not starting to come back.
Here we are. Born to be Kings, were the Princes of the Universe!

My DeviantArt Page: https://www.deviantart.com/micetich
My Wordpress Blog: https://freakart89.wordpress.com/

scifieric

Quote from: Freak on Oct 15, 2020, 11:52 amSorry Eric with not been around much. Work has been nuts since I went back, I have not earn touched Blender until this week.

Hoping that will change now as my colleague and not starting to come back.
Nothing to be sorry about.  We all have to deal with what life gives us, but I'm glad you're still here!

I can't wait to see what you do!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Four Mad Men

scifieric

Quote from: Four Mad Men on Mar 12, 2021, 01:26 amAbsolutely not!
OH!  You were answering my original question!  Excellent and thank you!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Four Mad Men

Indeed I was.  Sorry for the confusion.

scifieric

Quote from: Four Mad Men on Mar 16, 2021, 12:21 amIndeed I was.  Sorry for the confusion.
My friend, no problem whatsoever!  Thank you!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Prime_8

well you know i get on a tangent for 2 to 6 mos all the time :P

But I still pop back .

Also Day job makes me more busy now.

scifieric

Quote from: Prime_8 on Mar 17, 2021, 02:43 pmwell you know i get on a tangent for 2 to 6 mos all the time :P

But I still pop back .

Also Day job makes me more busy now.

Good man!

And I have enjoyed what you have posted about your job (in the past).  Keep going!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Prime_8

you can set me mod status and I can help keep the bots and spammers off. if ya want