May 10, 2024, 06:04 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

What are your opinions on the New Old Enterprise?

Started by Alareth, Apr 30, 2022, 12:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Alareth

Apr 30, 2022, 12:16 am Last Edit: Apr 30, 2022, 12:40 am by Alareth Reason: Found a higher res version of the opening sequence
Strange New Worlds Opening Sequence (Eric, a YT embed plugin would be nice)

Other than the saucer having those Galaxy class style windows all around the top edge, I'm liking the update.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

scifieric

Quote from: Alareth on Apr 30, 2022, 12:22 amThis really shouldn't work as well as it does ...

https://twitter.com/TrekCore/status/1520069091817623552?s=20&t=qyUkRcdJIwI1WmRAQJJm9w
I agree with you.  Still, finally get to see something that at least is CALLED the Enterprise!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Prime_8

I have been pleasantly surprised so far .

I was curious how they were going to do the control panels and such . looks very near future .

not surprised seeing some jan 6 footage used already .  ST always had a potential for commenting on current issue.

I just hope they lay off the time travel stuff. like i get the pike knowing his death and all, I mean im in no rust to see to much of the temporal shenanigans that pop up as episode filler.
Some more ST form a time just before Kirk's greatness. 

Also i have not got more than 20 min into Picard . My brother tells me it slow starting up and i should  watch more give it an other chance and catch up. LOL

But i like the new show better so far .  but thats just me . 

scifieric

I gave the first season of Picard a try.  Oh man, I was ... not impressed.

This new show (in my opinion) is pretty darned good!  I really like Anson Mount.  I think he's doing a great job as a Star Fleet Captain who knows that something terrible will happen to him in the future.  This is the first Star Trek show I've seen that I've liked in a LONG time.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Prime_8

i expect pike to take more risks as he comes to more firmly believe in his mortality circumstances.

Yes, it's a curse.. but it's also a superpower. if you know how your gonna die and you are in a binary life and death choice . you can't chose wrong if it's not near your premonition of death .

scifieric

Quote from: Prime_8 on Jun 10, 2022, 09:21 pmi expect pike to take more risks as he comes to more firmly believe in his mortality circumstances.

Yes, it's a curse.. but it's also a superpower. if you know how your gonna die and you are in a binary life and death choice . you can't chose wrong if it's not near your premonition of death .

Excellent point!  I have to admit that I really, REALLY like this show!  If feels like Star Trek to me.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Alareth

I've realized the "new" Enterprise sets have a serious flaw.

There isn't a single GNDN pipe in any of the hallways.

scifieric

Quote from: Alareth on Jun 12, 2022, 12:14 amI've realized the "new" Enterprise sets have a serious flaw.

There isn't a single GNDN pipe in any of the hallways.

LOL!  You LEGITIMATELY made me laugh out loud!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Dennis

Jul 20, 2022, 10:00 pm #9 Last Edit: Jul 20, 2022, 10:02 pm by Dennis
Quote from: Alareth on Apr 30, 2022, 12:16 amStrange New Worlds Opening Sequence (Eric, a YT embed plugin would be nice)

Other than the saucer having those Galaxy class style windows all around the top edge, I'm liking the update.

I did not like the new Enterprise when it first appeared on Discovery, for a number of reasons that don't matter at this point. I like "Strange New Worlds" tremendously, and as I've watched, the ship has grown on me.

I set out to build a CG model of Pike's Enterprise, which I finally finished today, and despite a couple of reservations have pretty much fallen in love with the ship.

And yeah, the Enterprise in 2022 is a good deal bigger than the 1966 Enterprise. But then, after fifty-plus years, so are a lot of us. I sure am.  ;D

scifieric

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Four Mad Men

Upper saucer rim windows need to go.  Everyone's quarters are the size of a bloody gymnasium!  Aaaaand, needs spikes on the nacelles.

scifieric

Quote from: Four Mad Men on Jul 29, 2022, 01:51 amUpper saucer rim windows need to go.  Everyone's quarters are the size of a bloody gymnasium!  Aaaaand, needs spikes on the nacelles.

I agree with you!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Four Mad Men

Although, now I have fewer issues with the impulse engines.  :)

scifieric

Quote from: Four Mad Men on Aug 11, 2022, 07:19 pmAlthough, now I have fewer issues with the impulse engines.  :)

Then there may be hope after all!  ;)
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!