May 09, 2024, 05:48 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Hard Drive Crash (and Burn)

Started by scifieric, Sep 21, 2019, 12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scifieric

I lost my tutorial Enterprise.

The mirrored hard drive I was using apparently stopped mirroring itself a while back (and never notified me) and then the one drive that was still writing crashed.  I've been so busy at work for the last four months that I never knew.

I finally have some vacation time this coming week.  I'll try to learn Blender 2.8 and maybe make a new, more accurate version of the Enterprise when I have a handle on this new program.

*Sigh*
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Freak

sorry to hear that Eric.
I hope you did not lose to much or can recovery most of it.

I also got to make the jump into 2.8.  I might do that lightsabre Gorilla posted on the Blender thread on SFM.
Here we are. Born to be Kings, were the Princes of the Universe!

My DeviantArt Page: https://www.deviantart.com/micetich
My Wordpress Blog: https://freakart89.wordpress.com/

scifieric

Thanks Dean.  Yeah, I should be able to recover or remake most of everything.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

Damn, bro. Sorry to hear that. I've been there, so I definitely feel your pain.

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Sep 21, 2019, 09:44 pmDamn, bro. Sorry to hear that. I've been there, so I definitely feel your pain.
Yeah, and here I thought I had myself covered!  LOL!  Oh well.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

Yeah, your backup failed. How do you prepare for that? The whole point of a backup is to be covered.

Prime_8

ugh it faille d without notice.
hel that makes me wanna make an app the checks read-write once per boot.

I think crystal disk info has a too that lets you see teh 'health of you drive and can monitor it based on criteria you set up.
most of my HDD are showing age now.
the cost and size of SSD even SATA SSD are making me want to relocate my storage to SSD based system.

ouch man .

scifieric

Yeah, I was thinking I need a multi-drive setup.  A real SAN with a stand-by drive for failure detection and disc copy.

I'd love that, but no doubt that would cost a bit.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!