Previous topic - Next topic

scifieric

Oh, that's a cool Star Destroyer!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

ozylot

- Ozy -

Freak

Here we are. Born to be Kings, were the Princes of the Universe!

My DeviantArt Page: https://www.deviantart.com/micetich
My Wordpress Blog: https://freakart89.wordpress.com/

Prime_8

thanks guys .   

I have clearly committed a mesh sin ( non quad poly ) some place because booleans are back to unpredictable .

I wanted to use dupes of the reactors to cut holes in then hut and then model in clamps, links and buttress structures around them.

I mush have n>4 n-gone in that area some place.

Originally i was going to do just 2 reactors . 1 each side, and then the top down would look even more like bugs bunny / Anubis crossover . The hull just looks better with the quad reactor layout .

Looking much like a fat venator-class i wanted expose  hypermatter-annihilator style reactors.

But then WTF in ST universe would need 4x HM-A reactors even if they are small.
even the big star destroyers that have 'baby bumps' one is a solar ionization reactor. usually they have  SI and 1 small HM-A  to prime the SI reactor. SI basically being some helium like reaction like what a start uses .  It takes a huge charge form a HM-A to sparc up the solar type. "How do  you light a sun in a bottle ?"

back to my question WTF would need/use 4 HM-A . a huge point shield ship that can envelope other craft , like SW a service frigate for star destroyers ?
LOL protection and a jump start  . Empire-AAA

also the forked front allowing for the polarized shields and such in SW, this shit has building sized 'prongs'.

Original i was just going for cool looking landing bay area . meh

SO yea  lots of these big suckers have  reactors housed away inside. They are just big enough to envelope them.
Not much risc with them exposed either when you think what it takes to contain a HM-A reactor.
Possibly some 4 shot pulse weapon.

also the bridge is not in a typical location for a star destroyer. I may have to re-think the scale. LOL

If i go to far up those reactors become solar reactors . then really WTF are they for, especilay at that power levels .

Prime_8

imperial  version of a blockade runner ? :P  ?

lol

Is it possible that at some point the empire becomes the hunted ? LOL

Prime_8

Yay! the gods of boolean are on my side once again.

reactor shaped hole ... so now I can place a slightly smaller clone of the HM-A in and plumb it up with greebs!

Prime_8

fixing topology and amazing the gods of poly. keeping Tris and Quad happy  :)

scifieric

Wow!  Beautiful work, Scott!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Prime_8

thanks Eric.

Sewing up stray polys is boring. LOL

scifidude79

Quote from: Prime_8 on Apr 16, 2020, 11:07 pmSewing up stray polys is boring. LOL

Yes, it is.

It's looking good, though.

Prime_8

thanks guys .. her's some render checks

I will add more greebs at the reactors soon.

Prime_8

using an add node to blend 2 versions of the engine texture in emissive.

right or higher = whiter n hotter looking

scifidude79

Dude, those engines look sweet. I love that glow effect. The hull panels look great too.

Prime_8

i stick 3 point lights near them .

I need to look at how  blender does volume light next LOL

oh and gunz time . gonna have to put some gunz on it soon .

still no idea wht it shoudl have HM-A x 4  ,  then i go tto thinking  liek service rig , or liek a  jump start . the ship that starts the reactors on bigger ships .

assuming like most SD's , there should be 1 more reactor in the center on the thickest part.
Making this actually a 5 reactor ship ?
unless the center is housing something else like a fighter factory or such