May 20, 2024, 11:07 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

MKF's Random Trek Crap!

Started by MadKoifish, May 08, 2019, 06:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scifieric

I think it looks spectacular.  And no one will ever actually see it unless you have a very close shot.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

valkyrie013

This is most like a Movie model, the closer you get, the more details there are :)

Looking good sir!

MadKoifish

Started over. Least to the modeling of the detail parts.

I might just start new nacelles as a experiment to see if my gut dislike is because of the base shape.

scifidude79

I like them. But then, I'm sure if you do something else, they'll look great too.

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Sep 03, 2019, 10:32 pmI like them. But then, I'm sure if you do something else, they'll look great too.
That's true!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

MadKoifish

Threw out a few conventional designs so far and this is the most recent rough out. KIM the blue stuff is to show where I would place the glowy coil bits etc. Front end on these I think are a bit to heavy. The central bit is where the struts will mount but the rest is just bits leftover from other attempts. SO I might alter things from there.

ugh these render times. . . . . . . . . . . screw it the current one rendering can wait.

scifidude79

Freak

The new ones are a bit front heavy.
Not sure if I like them, but they are currently lacking your final details. So I look forwards to seeing what you do.
Here we are. Born to be Kings, were the Princes of the Universe!

My DeviantArt Page: https://www.deviantart.com/micetich
My Wordpress Blog: https://freakart89.wordpress.com/

MadKoifish

Mostly spent time tuning alignments and then working in details to break up the fat head look og the cowling. It is all subdiv still so I might alter it more. I have not decided what or if I will keep those gray vanes or not or fiddle with em some. Might pull them for something else as they really do not serve their original purpose. Tempted to hog out the area to create more negative space between the nacelles and act as some sort of plasma junction as it diverts to the uppers or lowers.

Always have a laugh as these TNG nacelles always remind me of highlighter pens or early pc pens mostly ones to define points in cat or measuring out patterns.

scifidude79

Looking good. I think the idea of hogging that area out to do some plasma transfer bits sounds cool.

Of course, some of the TNG nacelles are highlighters. ;)

scifieric

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

MadKoifish

yeah I know but oh so often I keep seeing them >_>

Render from lastnight that I was unwilling to wait for.

hopefully it shows how it links up and how shapes relate.

valkyrie013

When looking at those, I think that that is a 4 nacelle design, with coils in the top and bottom.. :)

looking good!

MadKoifish

Yup that is sort of the idea. I had originally made this as a FTL test bed, that was before I found about the Aventine from the novels and how that tied into the timeline of the Titan etc. Aventine has "slipstream". Slipstream was what I had modeled this ships shape for a round bow with a V shaped lower section with a long surface for shield generators and magnetic whatsits to shape the field as they harkened it to surfing on VOY. So reading that "the fall" series kinda uh placed me in a spot as my ship by registry would fall between the Aventine and the Titan. Given some of the canon and the beta (books) stuff it would fall just after the dominion war (good for a puch on exploratory craft but the stuff leading to the fall sorta leaves a dry period as the TITAN was intended to be a push towards this alone.

Yeah I know I could ignore all that and do whatever but as I try to place my ships within the canon and what I would accept as canon. Given the novels are mostly much better than any new trek I see them as where the old trek universe went. Not the STO shit not the 09 tie in comics. And probably not PICARD, depend show much they fucked that with a backwards goose.

Anyhow things with SOTL is late so I might be taking this ship back to the cooler and start up on that Refit connie I always wanted for max. Though I should do something else like finish that Yamato (even though 2202 was a disappointment) Or get to that gen1 Dirty Pair ship (pink one)

MadKoifish

Sep 06, 2019, 08:06 am #539 Last Edit: Sep 06, 2019, 08:09 am by MadKoifish
Not a massive amount done but got something in for the guts and well, light just does not get in there. DERP.
A few renders and a few large screen caps and a wireframe for the heck of it.

So I dunno what I will do with that central bit.

A bit concerned about the height of the nacelles. but there isnt much I can do that wont make it even tighter for each half without loosing the negative space between them. I might try "humping" them more so they taper sooner. ATM they do have a bit more than last night to get the flow from the nacelle to the bussard cowl to the dome itself. Some ways these have more angular flow than the primary ship as I was attempting to get too much of that rounded off look of Voyager when I should have just gone with the SOV and further on look. Shrug. . . .