May 09, 2024, 05:11 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

SciFiEric's 2nd Pilot Enterprise

Started by scifieric, Jun 24, 2020, 01:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Jul 16, 2020, 10:23 pmYeah, some. Thanks. We've got inventory coming up next week, so I put in some extra hours earlier this week and I'm still tired from that. I'll catch up on some rest this weekend. I just have to work tonight then I have two nights off. Aside from getting some sleep, I've really got the itch to do some CGI this weekend, especially since I've been too tired to do any of that stuff since Sunday.
Good luck with both!  I hope you get some rest AND that you get to do something you enjoy.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

Ugh.  I have to start all over again with the lighting.  This is just not coming out right.

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Tralfaz

Even though it is still a great image, there is something that seems off that I can't put my finger on.  Like the rim of the saucer looks too smooth and washed out.  Also, the lettering in the title seems to have depth to it with the highlights on it coming from the upper left and shadows on the lower right.

scifieric

Quote from: Tralfaz on Jul 19, 2020, 03:42 pmEven though it is still a great image, there is something that seems off that I can't put my finger on.  Like the rim of the saucer looks too smooth and washed out.  Also, the lettering in the title seems to have depth to it with the highlights on it coming from the upper left and shadows on the lower right.
You are correct on both counts.  Oddly, no one ever seems to have noticed that the lettering from the original series was made a faux kind of 3D to help it stand out a little.

I've attached the original and you can see the edges on the top and left, and you can see shadows on the right and bottom of the letters.

I still have to make proper textures. but I do so love making images with these models.  I know I need to wait, but still.  LOL!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

Well, now that you attached the original, I can definitely tell that the lighting is off. I never noticed the 3D thing with the text either.

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Jul 19, 2020, 09:31 pmWell, now that you attached the original, I can definitely tell that the lighting is off. I never noticed the 3D thing with the text either.
Yeah, I'm a lunatic for trying to notice the tiny details.  I know I get some wrong, but I try!

Thanks for your help and encouragement!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Tralfaz

Son of a gun.  Never noticed the lettering when viewing the original series.  Now that is attention to detail.  It's those little things that help sell a scene.

scifieric

Quote from: Tralfaz on Jul 20, 2020, 05:16 pmSon of a gun.  Never noticed the lettering when viewing the original series.  Now that is attention to detail.  It's those little things that help sell a scene.
Thank you, my friend.  Very kind of you to say!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

I should have posted this earlier.  I quite enjoy the image.

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifidude79

Images like that make your model look like a physical model.

scifieric

Quote from: scifidude79 on Jul 20, 2020, 09:29 pmImages like that make your model look like a physical model.
Thank you, my very good friend!  Thank you VERY much!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

I was tired and listless today, but I still wanted to have some fun.  So, here are some more of the new model from various angles, but with some chromic aberration and distortion, along with some simulated film grain and blur.  Like I said, just for fun.  All done in Blender 3D.

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Freak

Here we are. Born to be Kings, were the Princes of the Universe!

My DeviantArt Page: https://www.deviantart.com/micetich
My Wordpress Blog: https://freakart89.wordpress.com/

scifieric

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

Had a little fun this morning.  I don't think I got it quite right, and of course, the 2nd Pilot ship was never shot from this angle, but again, just for fun.  All done in Blender 3D, of course.  A little post work in Photoshop.

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!