May 11, 2024, 04:35 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Star Trek: First Frontier

Started by scifieric, Sep 12, 2020, 04:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scifieric

Well, I can state that Star Trek, First Frontier is finally out after 5 years.  Normally, I don't get that excited about fan productions and I think there are a lot of things wrong with this one, but ... there is some of my work in the thing.

Star Trek: First Frontier

The thing that they bought from me, they didn't even use!  They originally approached me for my Pike-era USS Enterprise.  But the guy who was making the effects didn't use it and used his own.  I'm FAIRLY sure they used my shuttle craft and changed the backs of the nacelle engine caps (mine has the ball in it).  I'll have to look and see if they even used the shuttle interior I built for them.

I think the effects are laughable and I am talking myself into remaking a few of their effects to show how it COULD have been done.  But anyway, I get my first movie effects credit.

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

Sep 12, 2020, 08:54 pm #1 Last Edit: Sep 12, 2020, 08:56 pm by scifieric
What they bought was my Pike-era USS Enterprise.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

Then, Ken Stewart asked if I would like to do some more work for the film.  I immediately agreed!  He asked me to build a shuttle interior.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

And I thew in my shuttle craft exterior for good measure.  I think this is the only thing they wound up using in the film!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Freak

That really great.
Love the fact they got around two 15 mins short or 1 20 min.

I wonder if people will start claiming their fan film was in production before CBS/ Paramount ruling came out on fan films to get round that issue. (you would only be able to do it for so long.)
Here we are. Born to be Kings, were the Princes of the Universe!

My DeviantArt Page: https://www.deviantart.com/micetich
My Wordpress Blog: https://freakart89.wordpress.com/

scifieric

Quote from: Freak on Sep 16, 2020, 08:48 amThat really great.
Love the fact they got around two 15 mins short or 1 20 min.

I wonder if people will start claiming their fan film was in production before CBS/ Paramount ruling came out on fan films to get round that issue. (you would only be able to do it for so long.)
That's very kind of you, Dean.  And yeah, I don't know of any other fan films that were made (at least partially) before the CBS rules were put in place.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!