May 11, 2024, 10:06 pm

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The Sincerest Form of Flattery

Started by scifieric, Mar 06, 2021, 02:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scifieric

Mar 06, 2021, 02:48 pm Last Edit: Mar 06, 2021, 02:55 pm by scifieric
The fabulously talented Professor Moriarty posted a spectacular image over on The Trek BBS IMAGE!

I cannot imitate his spectacular work, but I wanted to turn out a similar image with my Where No Man Has Gone Before USS Enterprise.  It is NOT anywhere near as wonderful as the wonderful Professor's image, but it was fun to do and of course, it was a tip of the imaging hat to the Professor.

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Tralfaz

I don't know Eric.  His looks very CGI to me while yours looks like a real studio model.  I much prefer yours and which is what I aim to reach to when I render something.  That sense of reality.

scifieric

Quote from: Tralfaz on Mar 06, 2021, 04:53 pmI don't know Eric.  His looks very CGI to me while yours looks like a real studio model.  I much prefer yours and which is what I aim to reach to when I render something.  That sense of reality.

You, Sir, are FABULOUS!  Thank you for making me feel better!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

And something just to get back into making some images.

This one is with borders.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

Trying out new software that's a little faster than the old Photoshop I've been using. It will take some adjustments, but we're almost there.
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

Four Mad Men

I actually dig the faint grid lines on his but apart from that I very much prefer yours Eric.

scifieric

Quote from: Four Mad Men on Mar 12, 2021, 01:52 amI actually dig the faint grid lines on his but apart from that I very much prefer yours Eric.
Thank you, my friend!  That is very kind of you!
3DSciFi.com  Welcome!

scifieric

It's been a while!

COVID-19 is not something to play with.  I got hit with it ... TWICE.  Ugh.  Still mostly alive though.

Anyway, here is my latest image trying to make my model look like the Where No Man Has Gone Before Enterprise.

3DSciFi.com  Welcome!